You will normally be allocated a quarterly or monthly tax period according to your annual turnover, but the FTA may allow a shorter or longer tax period if it considers that to be appropriate. You will be required to file the tax return for each tax period by the 28th day of the month following the end of it (or on the next working day if the normal due date falls on a national holiday or weekend).
Tax returns will be filed electronically through the FTA portal.
On each return, you will need to show:
- The value of standard-rated supplies made in the tax period and the output tax charged, per Emirate.
- The value of zero-rated supplies made in the tax period.
- The value of exempt supplies made in the tax period.
- The value of any reverse charged supplies received in the tax period.
- The value of expenses incurred in the tax period where you seek to recover input tax and the amount of recoverable tax.
- The total amount of tax due and recoverable input tax for the tax period.
- The tax payable (or repayable) for the tax period.